Leslie's Vacation Rentals Policies & Procedures
Thank you for choosing Leslie's Vacation Rentals for your vacation home rental. Information is provided in this section to answer the most frequently asked questions that you may have regarding our policies and procedures. At the bottom of this page is a sample rental agreement (lease). If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Checking In and Out: For your convenience you will be able to check in directly at the unit no traveling to a real estate office or waiting in long check in lines! Each unit has an electronic lock on the main door. This lock will be opened by a code that will be given to you once your final payment has been received. You will never again have to worry about losing the key! Check in time is at 4:00 pm on your arrival date, and the check out time is 10:00 am on your departure date.
- Payment Information:
- Pre-reservations: Pre-reservations are accepted on properties for the following calendar year until October 1st of the current year. To make a pre-reservation please contact Leslie's Vacation Rentals and we will be happy to reserve your house for the following season (as long as the property has been made available for rentals to the general public). A $575 down payment is all that is needed! Payment and signed e-lease must be received within 24 hours of making the reservation. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, M/C, Discover or personal check. The balance of the first half of the rent is due by December 15th of the current year, and may be made by check, money order or credit card (Visa, MC or Discover). The final balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- Reservations: After October 1st. of the current calendar year, the reservation process for securing a property is as follows: Unless other arrangements are made in advance, and agreed to in writing, payments shall be processed in the following manner: The first payment (1/2 of the rental rate & $75) and signed e-lease must be received within 24 hours of making the reservation. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, M/C, Discover or personal check. Once your reservation has been entered you will be emailed an e-lease to sign and a trip itinerary. From your trip itinerary you can securely pay by credit card, purchase trip insurance, and view payments credited to your account. Your final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. Unless other arrangements have been made in advance, your credit card will automatically be charged the balance due.
- Returned Checks: There is a $25 charge for returned checks. We do not re-deposit returned checks. The payment must be replaced with a money order, cashier's check, or credit card within 5 days.
- Cancellations: If, after your initial payment, you need to cancel your reservation, every attempt will be made to re-rent the property. All notices of cancellation must be in writing. If the property is re- rented at full price, you will receive a full refund of moneys paid, less a $150 cancellation fee, travel insurance premium (if purchased) and all applicable taxes. If the property is able to be re-rented, but at a discounted rate from what was paid, you will be refunded your rental payment, less the difference in the rental rate and the $150 cancellation fee. If the property is not able to be re-rented, you will forfeit all moneys paid to this reservation.
- Pets: Absolutely no pets are permitted on the premises. Some owners may allow dogs at their rental properties. If so, it will be indicated on your lease. There is an additional fee of $210 for units that allow pets. You must let us know in advance if you will be bringing your pets with you on vacation.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is available from Rental Guardian, you can learn more by visiting https://lesliesvacrental.rentalguardian.com/ or by calling Rental Guardian at 833.425.5099.
- Last Minute Reservations: If a reservation is made less than 30 days from your arrival date, payment in full by credit card and a signed e-lease will be required within 24 hours of making your reservation.
- Occupancy: Occupancy is restricted to family groups only. Leaseholder must be at least 25 years of age, and be present during the entire term of the lease. No wedding receptions, parties or other such gatherings are permitted at the Premises unless pre-approved in writing by Leslie's Vacation Rentals at the time of the reservation. An additional deposit and or fee for these events may be charged.
To see a full copy of a sample lease click here to download in pdf format